Saturday, October 4, 2008

Paper Costs

I don't know if anyone outside of the magazine industry (or the paper industry) knows this, but the cost of paper is going up, WAY up. I don't mean stationary, notebooks and whatnot, but just in general. I first noticed it with my paper bills, some of them are actually thinner. I think it really hit me when I went to buy stamps at the post office. Instead of the waxed heavy paper backing, they are now literally paper thin and the stamps are even thinner! You can see right through them, and I don't know about anyone else, but they makes me want to pop them in my mouth and let them dissolve on my tongue.
Bought anything online lately? How about mailing a package? Even that's gone up, by a lot too. This recession is no joke, folks!

2 comments:

  1. soap kitten-- paper and mailing cost have hit the industry really hard... this has been happening for quite a while now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's not brand new... only within this last year have consumers been really seeing the effects despite this going on for a while. ie. smaller, more expensive newspapers (NYT); magazines are cutting pages and getting smaller, using cheaper stock, US Stamps, paper bills, etc, etc.

    ReplyDelete