Thursday, April 1, 2010

Crystals, Gems and Stones (Oh my!)

And yes, they are soaps!

I've actually tried figuring out this process with a large hunk of melt n' pour soap and failed miserably.  While I don't have pictures of my wanna-be, ruin soap gem (It looked like a wadded up of coal with iridescent mica), I do have some lovely exhibitions of what true soap gems should look like!

Images from amethystsoap's Etsy Store

The question that comes to my mind is "how is it done"?  The amethyst facets and the polished turquoise stones look amazingly realistic.  Though the technique may  forever remain a secret, you can purchase your own amethyst or turquoise soap here.

4 comments:

  1. Awww! These are gorgeous. Almost hard to believe it's actually soap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wunder, wunderschöne Seifensteine!

    liebe Grüße Dörte

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on learning this technique as well. Which is how I found your blog. :) Here is a tutorial I found. Thought I'd share with you. Have fun!
    http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/blog_post/Soapsmith/173/soap_rock_tutorial

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FANTASTIC! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete