Thursday, September 3, 2009

An Early Celebration!

Fall is my absolute FAVORITE time of the year. I love how the fresh cool breeze greets me as I walk out of the house, or how the air is faintly scented with the smell of spices and freshly sharpened No. 2 penvils. I love how I get to cuddle myself in cozy sweaters and then of course there is my birthday (Oct 29th), followed by my favorite holiday, Halloween!!!
There is so much to look forward to, I'm especially excited about going apple picking this year. I just love walking in between the groves, chatting with friends and eating apples right off the tree. Ah, bliss! There is something just comforting and wonderfully rejuvenating about this time of the year.
Technically it's not Fall till the end of the month, but this lovely weather has inspired me to greet it a little early. Here's some eye candy to get you in the mood as well!


Photograph from Anniepoo's etsy store
I ordered these soaps from Anniepoo's shop while I was doing my research. They are truly adorable and I can totally see them in a little basket in my bathroom. These soaps come in a set of three, are 3.5 ounces each and are scented with Pumpkin Spice (yippie!). I'm so excited, can't hardly wait to get them. You can purchase your own set here at Anniepoo's esty store. They maybe sold out right now (I snagged the last one), but etsy owners tend to restock their shops rather quickly-- so keep an eye out for it!

Picture from Smileyme520's Etsy Store
Fall is the perfect time for Chai tea. I tend to make my own using a blend of fresh ginger, cardamom pods, cinnamon, black peppercorns, cloves and black tea. It's the perfect way to kick start the season and keeps you feeling really warm and snuggly (or is that just me?). This soap pictured here resembles a wonderfully frothy cup of warm chai tea. Check out their etsy store here.

Picture from Misspottery's Etsy' Store

And finally a little something different. I saw this soap dish and I just thought "Wow, the very essence of Fall". This hand made and hand-stamped treasure is beautifully rustic and the perfect accompanyment for Fall soaps. Check it out here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dear friend'
    Wow do I love these pumpkins!
    How are you doing?
    Having a lovely walk in the park?
    Well, in my mind i am walking beside you this time, Janice!
    lots of kind soapmaking greetings

    Georgette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you for the kind thoughts, Georgette! It's been a bad two weeks, but now all seems to be better. My cat was sick and I didn't even know it. Took him in for surgery and removed a cyst the size of a baseball from his belly. He's recuperating now, so I'm hoping it will all be fine.
    Much love to you and little Gioia!

    ReplyDelete