Friday, November 7, 2008

Gearing up for the holidays

I made these totally thinking about the holidays. They are scented with Fresh Snow. According to the Bramble Berry website this fragrance is designed to mimic the feeling of peace and tranquility after a fresh snowfall. It is a very ozone-y fragrance, reminiscent of clean laundry or fresh cotton. The actual notes however are intriguing; this fragrance has a crisp heliotrope top with supporting notes of sprint water, juniper berry, vetiver and sandalwood.

As you can see, the flash blinded out the designs on the moon. It's the only one of it's kind right now and is going for $3.50 (normally $6) because the stars missed out on the white.


Below is my newest creation. Made from scratch using olive and coconut oils, this soap is scented with lavender and jasmine. This soap creates very creamy lather, and creates small, lathery bubbles (as opposed to big poufy ones) due to the high olive oil content. This will not be ready until 11/30/08.


These horse soaps were inspired by simplicity. I wanted to make a horse soap that was not fussy, although the process of making was not easy. These babies are scented with my newest scent: Dark Chocolate. It's by far, the best smelling chocolate fragrance I have ever encountered. The coloring on the edges of these are slightly imperfect,giving it a genuine handmade look.


Here is another one of my cupcakes. Also scented with chocolate. Decided to go simple on these babies as well.

Trying to start production for the holidays. I feel a little bit stuck on ideas. If you have any suggestions, let me know.




3 comments:

  1. Very nice soap creations! Thanks for adding me to your blog roll. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the horse soap. How did you get the inside white and the outside brown?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Catherine,

    I poured the brown layer first, into the horse cavity, and used a plastic syringe (you can get at PJ Soaps or the kit at BB) and filled in the rope part. It was a little messy, so you can scrape out the parts that you don't want brown soap in once it's dry. Then after it has hardened, spray with alcohol so that the layers adhere, and pour on the white.

    If you want, you can always email me privately, I don't mind sharing my "secrets". LOL
    (janiceventura (at) hotmail dot com).

    ReplyDelete