Friday, October 11, 2013

Seeds of Inspiration...

One of the things that I find enjoyable about soap and the soaping industry is looking back on all the names and people's blogs that I was wowed with as a "newbie" soap-maker. These soapers are still a great source of inspiration, and I'm happy to report that many of them went on to grow their product further.

One of the first blogs that I started reading as a newbie was Lomand Soaps, which is a soap-making company based out of Scotland.  I remember being in AWE of their soaps and followed Corrie's journey from a home-soap maker, to selling her soaps at fairs.  Watching her soap design, packaging and logo change over time was a real treat.

As I was searching through my blog roll today and clicked on Loch Lomand's link. Much to my dismay, I saw that the blog was no longer active.  After a quick Google search, I was relieved to find that Corrie has a lovely internet shop as well as a brick and mortar store (and a new, lovely logo)!

Soap page from www.lomondsoap.com

Seeing her progress from craft shows and blogging to becoming a (what I imagine full-time) soap retailer/wholesaler, is truly inspirational and reminds me that hard work, time, patience and evolution are keys for true success, in whatever field you might be working in!

Til next time,

-SK

No comments:

Post a Comment